Dr. Jen Marks DACM, L.Ac., Dipl OM (NCCAOM)
Jen is licensed by the States of Georgia and New York to practice Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with included modalities, e.g. Acupuncture. She received her Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM) in San Diego and her Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM) in New York City. She is Nationally Board Certified in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) .
Jen believes in the delicate balance in all areas of life, her goal is to help her patients maintain this balance in their lives. Jen is passionate about aiding mental health, psycho-emotional health, women’s health, body pain and chronic disease. Most importantly, she strives to connect the mind, body and spirit so that all of her patients may function at their greatest potential with their mind feeling clear and their feet grounded. Jen uses all modalities of East Asian Medicine; Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Acupressure, TuiNa, Moxibustion (Moxa), Cupping and Dietary Modification to enhance the healing journey.
East Asian Medicine and Acupuncture Clinical Experience:
~ Labor and Delivery Unit of the Lutheran Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
~ Pain Management Floor of the Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital – New York, NY
~ Housing Works treating HIV/AIDS patients – New York, NY
~ Fortune Society using NADA Acupuncture, to treat men transitioning out of incarceration back into their day-to-day lives – Long Island City, Queens, NY
– Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM) in San Diego, California
– Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH) from the Academy of Homeopathic Education (AHE) in New York City and Philadelphia; Certified by the Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC)
– Masters in Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York, New York
– Bachelors of Science (BS) in Psychology from the University of Central Florida
– Worked at Volunteers of America (VOA) as a life-rehabilitation counselor in Jacksonville, Florida where she worked with dually-diagnosed (those suffering from both mental-health and substance abuse disorders) homeless veterans and non-veterans
– Trained at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City and is a certified Holistic Health Counselor
~ Studied with James Gordon and The Center for Mind-Body Medicine out of Washington D.C.
~ In August of 2012, she traveled to Guatemala to the The Barbara Ford Peace Center with a group of Acupuncturists and students to provide local villages with Acupuncture and Herbology treatment. During their week-long stay they were able to successfully treat over 1,200 patients. Read about the groups work in Guatemala.